Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Orakei

phew!

Just got back from Orakei Primary. The tutoring session is killing me but making me feel happy at the same time.


Totally missing Marino now. She's been absent for 2 weeks. Hope to see her soon. Kaleb is absent this week as well. Wonder what's up with these kids??!!


Since Marino is absent, Mrs Craig assigned me with a new kid, William. He's 11 and heck of a smart kid. Well, its either he is smart or I'm stuck in been-tutoring-an-8-year-old-for-too-long-and-begin-to-think-like-them situation. But William is a bright kid. He could explain to me what nouns, adverbs, prepositions and conjunctions are. So basically, my tutoring session with him was way easier compared to the times with Marino because he doesn't require much help. He rarely goes off-task too.


He's pretty chatty too. Talks about his classes, the games he played before going to school everyday. He even told me what he had for lunch! Its a change compared to Marino where I do most of the talking. With William, I actually feel that I dont have to try so hard to get him to do stuffs. What more can a teacher (or tutor) asked for... He's perfect!


But heck, I still want my baby back! Marino, please come back! Miss Amy is missing you!

No comments: