Thursday, March 31, 2011

The fine line between Dependence and Faith

Lately, I noticed that there are a lot of incidents and situations where dependence takes place. We depend on our family, friends, lectures even strangers.

Lately, I also noticed occassions and circumstances of faith taking place.
We walk, talk and live in faith.


But many confuses faith and dependence.
Although the nature of both acts seems similar, the impacts of such actions defer like heaven and earth.


So, we draw a fine line between dependence and faith.

Dependence is instant.
It also brings brief joy but endless pain and disappointment.
It's like cola. Soothing and refreshing at the first gulp.
But is stale and runs out fizz immediately.
It's like running on a treadmill. Provides support for those feet.
But causes a fall once I can't keep up.
It's like a helium balloon. Attracting attention high up in the sky.
But all is lost as it slips out of my hands.
It's like chocolate brownies. Sugary and packed with excitement.
But is queasy and unsettling in bounty.

However,
Faith is eternal.
The sweetness of its fruits will quench everlasting thirst.
And satisfy never-ending hunger.
It's like the encyclopeadia. Rich and full of wisdom.
But also specially dedicated to me.
It's like a pacemaker. Giving me a prominent scar.
But also assures me of a better life.
It's like coffee. Addictive and full of satisfaction.
But also provides the jolt I need when weary.
It's like lifting weights. All fit, slim and slender.
But alo gives muscles to carry immense weight of life.

It was never a question of which is better than the other.
It was never a question of choosing the best choice.
It ha always been "Why so little faith, my children?"


No comments: