Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Surprises!

Woke up today with this huge-@$$ box right in front of my room door.
i believe it's mine because there's a blue card with my name on it, attached to the box.
I carried the box into my room and it's surprisingly light for a box that size.
Anxiety began to fill my body, slowly suspecting that it could be a prank from my fellow mates.
If you live with those people, you would understand such suspicion.

So I took a blade and ripped all the tapes around the box, only to find newspapers and empty bottles in it. I felt like killing someone!
Then I decided to read the card for a clue of what's going on.
It was a belated birthday card from my hommies.
So, with renewed faith, I tried to search for any hint of a present.
I only found more newspapers, bottles and *surprise-surprise* more receipts.

Feeling extremely anxious and a little pissed of, I emptied the content of the box on my bed.
I took out all the empty bottles. I removed all the newspapers. I scrunged up all the receipts.
And finally, a rectangle item stood out.
I mean, I huge-@$$ box for a bank card-sized item?
This can't be good all at.
I felt pranked. I felt deceived. I felt like an idiot.

But what is there to lose if I just take a peek inside.
I slipped the flap on the envelope with my finger.
Lo and behold, a card!
I wished it was someone's credit card with unlimited cash flow.
But this is better!
A gift card!
For shopping! Shoe shopping!
I felt happy. I felt loved. I am CONTENTED!

ps: Inside the envelope it is written "To Amy Chong Voon Sing. From Shikin, Anita & Sharmyn. Due to unforseen circumstances, your present has become a card and is exactly 1 month late. Happy 22nd and 1 month birthday. Amount: NZD 50.00

No comments: