Friday, July 15, 2011

내가 제일 잘나가

Yes, another week went by and it was tiring and terrifying at the same time. Tiring because, hey, planning a lesson can suck the soul out of anyone if done long enough. Added with material preparation and classroom management, i'm amazed no one has gone amok yet. Terrifying because of the added pressure of observations. You get extra nervous and make extra, glaring mistakes that you've never made before. Oh well, it's part of learning. Just have to make the best out of it. Another 9 weeks to go and i can;t wait for the weekends =]

Some oldER people can be so annoying. Let me share with you an incident that happened. There are 2 teachers in my school that looks alike. Well, at least to me, the newcomer. And since they aren't my students, English language teachers and the big and bigger bosses in school, it took me some time to get to know some of them. So let's just call these two teacher A and teacher B. One day, as I was walking towards the staffroom with a few of my students, I saw teacher A. Assuming that he was teacher B, I called out "Good morning, teacher B".
"I'm not teacher B. I'm teacher A. I know you're name. Miss Chong. And how can you not know me?"
I was a little shocked but calmly I replied "I"m so sorry teacher A. I really thought you were teacher B. But just out of curiousity, so you know my full name?"
"I know you're Miss Chong. Isn't that enough?" He said to me, smugly.
I wanted to be the bigger and better person so i replied "Oh, but i though you said you knew my name. That would mean you knew my full name. I guess you don't. I'm sorry again for assuming that you're teacher B." and i just walked off with my students.

Moral value of the story: Be the better person. In fact, tell yourself that you're the best and take everything with a grain of salt. Some of them have nothing to do (or not doing what they are supposed to do) and just wants to make your life a living hell. Smile at that person and be the better person.