Sunday, January 10, 2010

Drabble 001


c 2010 All rights reserved by AmyMay Production.
Silent reading is allowed. Plagiarism isn't.

It is a beautiful day. The sun is shining ever so brightly, as if to give us hope for the future. The sky is so blue, as blue as your eyes. The clouds are white, pretty like the wedding dress you made for me. Yes, it is perfect.

The carnations lie lifelessly beside me as I look out the window at all the happy faces. I see Dad going around, thanking people for making time for the wedding. And I see Mum, smiling at all the guests but secretly wiping her happy tears when no one is looking.

Yes, everyone is happy. Their baby girl is getting married to a great man. The garden wedding is all I've ever wanted and yes, it is perfect.

As I look in the mirror, I see those red lips and rosy cheeks. Every strand on hair is in place and beautiful pearls dance on my neck. I see a princess looking back at me and yes, it is perfect.

We shared laughter and tears. You have my heart and I have yours. Memories are what links us and brought us together and yes, it is perfect.

I blush as I look to the back, at the room where we shared our first kiss. On my right, I see children laughing happily as they play together. I look to my left and the band is playing our song. Yes, it is perfect.

And right in front of me, waiting to take my hand. But the man standing there is not you. You promised that you will wait for me and yet the man standing there is not you. You promised that you will never leave me and yet the man standing there is not you. My heart aches for you but the man standing there is not you. I long to hold you and spend the rest of my breathing moments with you but the man standing there is not you.

Everything is perfect. Yes, it is perfect but the man standing there is not you






AmyMay Production
c 2010 All rights reserved.


4 comments:

The Z A M said...

and yet, how it could be so perfect with no beloved him/her there? sigh...

amy_may said...

that comes to show that everything may look perfect on the outside but no one really knows what's on the inside

A s h i k i n said...

wahhhhhhh me likey!
serious!!!!

The Z A M said...

couldnt agree more.